I3 introduction in the Netherlands

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robster1979

I was invited to the product introduction of the I3 in the Netherlands. Test rides were in the Active-E (converted 1 series). They had one pre production model which they said costs about 1 mln euros. There was a sturdy looking head office guy from Germany watching the car (no touching, stay away at least two meters).

The head of BMW I in the Netherlands confirmed that the price would be between the Leaf and the Ampera. After a little push he (unofficially) confirmed a base proce of 37k. For comparison, my BMW 116i from last year (with some option packages) costs 33k in the Netherlands.

He said that due to better thermal management especially during pre cooling and warming of the car, you won't notice loss of range in cold weather. He confirmed that the 150km of range was based on the average BMW 3 series driver. Those drivers are not known for their subtle right foot. If you did not hit the pedal to the metal, and drive in Eco you would be able to drive close to 200 km on the highway.

The REx option would add 150kg to the car, thus slightly impacting the range. After the presentation I spoke to one of the BMW I guys and he said that BMW is expecting to nearly double the range of the I3 in about 5 years.

ow and they are destroying all the active-e cars after the 2 year trial, because there is no formal maintenance available. If you look at Tom's blog, it could last for several more years. It's a bit of a shame. If they can maintain the I3, they should be able to service the active-e. Give me one for 10k:)

Thanks for the info.

Did you get a chance to see the interior (of the i3)?

Did they have the doors open?

Were you allowed to take photos?

Thanks P

Parker said:
Thanks for the info.

Did you get a chance to see the interior (of the i3)?

Did they have the doors open?

Were you allowed to take photos?

Thanks P

Hi P,

From a distance yes. It still had the see through doors. Doors were open. I made some pictures with my Iphone. I'm at work now, but I will try to upload some pictures toninght.

Hi, I don't see an icon to upload images, only url's to images. So am afraid that I cannot share the pictures from my laptop

robster1979 said:
Hi, I don't see an icon to upload images, only url's to images. So am afraid that I cannot share the pictures from my laptop

If you send a PM to the i3 forum admin he will post them for you.

Back