Options to choose for new REX

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjUK

I'm considering an i3 REX 2 year lease here in the UK. Looks liek the car will suit my driving needs, so now just trying to understand the options and extras I should get.

I'm going for…
Park Assist
i3 Sport Package (mainly for better audio and LEDs)
Glass sunroof
DC Rapid Charge Prep
Internet
Enhanced Bluetooth with USB and Voice Control

It's the last option I am not sure about. I'm an iPhone user and I want to amke sure the phone will work well with the car, is this the topion to go for?

Any and all advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

Options and packages vary by market, so what's included in say the UK is not the same as in the USA or other places, so it may be a bit hard to compare. As to the last, I'd try pairing your phone with the demo vehicle at the dealership and see if it has the features you want. It's not hard to delete that link and data before you leave.

IMHO, I have not been impressed by the open roof, and... I really wanted one. I'm going to buy an i3 REX real soon and made another trial with the car before purchase. Let me explain:
- Not so much air enter in the car (the surface is divided by two per a plastic part) and I thought it was still really warm in the car (it was only 18° celcius outside but full sun)
- The sun hit your head and eyes and if you pull off the sun protection, then, even less air enter.
- Once open, you kill the silence of your car obviously
- All the fumes from cars in front of you enter also in the cabine.

Of course, I know that lots of you love the open roof but that was my personal experience.

Otherwise, here is what I'm gonna get for i3:
- Model REX " Black Edition " (include for the same price the " urban Life " pack and nicer trims 19" model) -> french specificity - and it's full black (including the front hood)
- Harman Kardon
- Full LED
- Lodge syle interior (must be a Giga or Tera style for the US with whool and leather mix)
- Navigation Professional (large screen for gps)
- Tinted glasses

I can understand some of the previous posters comments with regard to the sunroof but I love mine.

The sunroof was the one option that I really wanted (second hand purchase) but I could not find a car with all the other specs I required AND a sunroof. I can happily report that I held out and did eventually find a car and from a short ownership of only a week and a half I'm very happy I did.

The sunroof to me: allows light into the cabin if required, the blinds do a great job of cutting down light and blocking glare. When tilted only the airflow into the car is improved and the cabin is cooler with no perceivable loss in range. When retracted the void allows a mass of air into the cabin (it's April and I'm in the UK so it's not what you would call hot). I have travelled in excess of 60mph with the roof open and I have really enjoyed the experience.

Each to their own but I have so far used and enjoyed the sunroof, if it's present you have the choice, if not then you don't, simples!

Back