BMW i announces ChargeNow DC Fast Expansion

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmj912 said:
BMW4Me said:
...I walked to the Whole Foods and it was a brand new DC fast charger!...

So how about showing your location in your profile (left sidebar) so we know what part of the country is getting DCFCs?

Sorry!
The fast charger is located in Cranston, Rhode Island.
That's about 10 miles south of the capital city, Providence. And only about 10 minutes from the airport.

Thanks! That's encouraging!

Whole Foods seems to be installing these at their locations. There's supposed to be one near Boston, MA. They going to be building one near me, and it would be nice if they put one there as well.

jadnashuanh said:
Whole Foods seems to be installing these at their locations. There's supposed to be one near Boston, MA. They going to be building one near me, and it would be nice if they put one there as well.

I hope they put one at the WholeFoods in Providence, RI. This would make it like only about 1.5 miles from my house.
However, the fact that one went in out in the "'burbs" is amazing since I've only seen two other cars (ever) plugged into charging stations at all in the state since I've had my car.
And 10 miles is totally doable.
The new station at Cranston, RI, does not show up on Plugshare but it does on Chargepoint.
I haven't yet figured out how to add comments or a new station to the Plugshare stuff.

The Boston Whole Foods one is at:
348 Harrison Ave Boston, MA 02118

somewhat angry comments on PlugShare that seem to be about the "BMW/VW FastCharge machines" not being the ones that fit Nissans? Or something like that.

It also looks like there is a selection of DCFCs at the Mall at Chestnut Hill.

Back