Broken or missing bits

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miyanc

I have included the pics

First, door piece in the handle. Anyone have a part number?

Second is the holes from a front plate. It looks new, but Texas is a front plate state I believe, either way I quickly remove the stealerships logo and the plate holder. Now 4 holes. Does anyone sell color matched plugs? Or even maybe black? Not worth it to repaint the bumper, but maybe a small amount of filler and color match paint.

Last is the triple cup holder option. I pulled the metal binder clip out, and all seems to still function as needed. Anyone else have this happen?

Also unless it's me ( which is most of the time) is there an easier way to raise and lower the seats? So with my fat ass in the seat I can only lower it ( gravity and my extended excess over recommended maximum capacity ). Which I thought was me but my daughter ( maybe 110lbs) in the passenger seat also couldn't get it to raise without lifting off the seat.

Last item is the charge door. It makes a very loud grinding noise when opening. The push in is fine and it releases, but makes a loud noise. What's the part number on that as well.

Thanks to all for the help.

Attachments

• 1000001549.jpg
    1000001549.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1000001548.jpg
    1000001548.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1000001550.jpg
    1000001550.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Paint-matched license plate mounting hole plugs are sold online. I found them by searching but didn't buy any because they were quite expensive.

There's certainly not a strong spring to help raise the seats. It's been a while since I changed the seat height. I think I pushed the seat all the way back and continued pushing back while lifting from the steering wheel. If more than one driver drives an i3, adjusting the seat height can be a nuisance.

The charge door latch motor may be failing. Go to realoem.com to find parts numbers.

Back