Come-along Accessories of 2018 i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrkeen

Hi, I am about to pull the trigger for buying an used 2018 i3 (94ah) model. I have learned a lot of information in this forum, so wanted to say thank you everyone for sharing information with me. I have a few questions about come-along accessories of 2018 i3. What are the accessories that came along with a new 2018 i3? According to my research, they are 1) booklets in a grey fabric case (which looked very nice and cute), 2) floor mats, 3) flat tire repair kit & hook, and 4) charging cable. Is this the complete list?

Also, I have seen different kinds of charing cable from various use car listing on the internet. Some of them had black cable and others had yellow cable. What is the difference?

Thank you!

Assuming that you are looking for a U.S. i3, there have been 4 different charging cables included. In 2014 and maybe into 2015, a 120 V 12 A charging cable was included. Then a model with a reduced maximum charging current of 10 A was included. I believe that both of these were mostly black with black cables. Our 2019 i3 came with a 10 A charging cable with a yellow cable. Maybe the manufacturer was different from earlier charging cables. BMW also offered an optional dual-voltage charging cable in later years. It looks quite different from other charging cables in that it includes adapters for 120 V and 208-240 V outlets.

I don't know which version was included with a 2018 i3. Because this is an updated model, it might include the charging cable with a yellow cable. However, the functionality is the same as earlier charging cables.

When we replaced our 2014 BEV with a used 2019 BEV, I swapped the charging cables so that I kept the 12 A version. I found instructions on the Internet for converting this charging cable to a dual-voltage cable which I haven't done but might at some point.

Our July 2018 build came with a 10 amp charging (yellow) cable. Also included in the frunk case housing the air compressor/tire repair kit was the wheel lock key for the included locking stud at each wheel.

youngwilliam said:
Our July 2018 build came with a 10 amp charging (yellow) cable. Also included in the frunk case housing the air compressor/tire repair kit was the wheel lock key for the included locking stud at each wheel.
Our 2019 i3 had 2 wheel lock keys in a box with the 4 lug bolts that the locking bolts had replaced. The 2014 i3 that we bought new did not have locking lug bolts. I had assumed that locking lug bolts was an option, but maybe they were standard on later i3's.

Weird. My used 2018 came with a third-party L1 charger and a BMW Turbocord, which has a 110 plug and a 220 adapter. Mine came without the adapter, so I bought a 10 guage NEMA 6-20P to 5-15R adapter.

Mine also came with the manual, carpet floor mats, tow hook, tire inflator and a bottle of tire gunk.

kweiske said:
My used 2018 came with a third-party L1 charger and a BMW Turbocord, which has a 110 plug and a 220 adapter.
To be clear, the AC Level 1 EVSE's included with i3's aren't BMW-rebranded (I don't recall seeing any large BMW labeling) which makes them 3rd-party, probably like yours. The Turbocord is a BMW-rebranded Webasto/EV Solutions EVSE.

alohart said:
kweiske said:
My used 2018 came with a third-party L1 charger and a BMW Turbocord, which has a 110 plug and a 220 adapter.
To be clear, the AC Level 1 EVSE's included with i3's aren't BMW-rebranded (I don't recall seeing any large BMW labeling) which makes them 3rd-party, probably like yours. The Turbocord is a BMW-rebranded Webasto/EV Solutions EVSE.

I bought mine used - don't know if the charger(s) came with it new or not.

Back