Faraday's concept car

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3marc

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/autos/faraday-future-concept-car/index.html

1000 hp... at least it makes for good publicity on the superiority of EVs.

Sometimes in 2012-2013 the performance of electrics matched those of gasoline cars with the Tesla, and now the curve just keeps on going linearly.

All we need is tabletop nuclear fusion to have a car that could run 1000 miles on an once of water...

Why is a car like this needed?

Why not spend the R&D money on creating a true "Everyman's EV" ?

If companies want to be serious about changing emissions and air pollution then we need affordable vehicles. (and don't give me the Formula-1 arguments now).

From the first moment I sat in an i3, that's precisely what I always liked about BMW. They did their best to create an innovative luxury EV at a price point that is still affordable.

This is a concept car, unlikely ever to be in production.

Faraday is designing a production car which will be a whole lot more practical than the concept car. Richard Kim, the designer was a key part of the design team for the BMW i3. It will be interesting to see what comes out of the process.

Glad I didn't sell my Tesla stock before this came out. Very cool car, but unfortunately not a consumer competitor.

Back