G*D that was fun!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

A beautiful Fall day, I needed to bring the battery charge down to 75% versus parked at 100%. What a fun car!

Unlike the longer wheel base, Tesla Model 3, the short coupled BMW at first, a little over control but then the muscle memory came back and 'I want to be there!' took over. How nice to drive in traffic yet be where I want to be just by thinking about it.

Once it got to 75% SOC, the automatic REx cycle started and still fun with a gentle buzz. Then after six minutes, I noticed the REx stopped so I enabled it again. Now the REx was a slightly stronger buzz and adaptive to driving speed yet is still fun.

So our Tesla backup, the BMW i3-REx, is parked again under the cover. Tire pressures were 42-44 psi, not what I like to drive but good enough. New rear tires and about 5k left on the front pair.

Bob Wilson

I just turned in my '17 i3 REx and I am *very* impatiently awaiting the arrival of my '19 i3s REx. It is sitting at the port in Germany and has been for a while. Maybe it'll get on a boat soon and make its way here. My current DD is a '17 Volt, which is a fine car but certainly leave a lot to be desired in the fun department.

I have really grown to enjoy the i3's quirkiness. Even though it's been on the road since 2013, it still looks new and futuristic. Inside, it is like no other vehicle and will probably look 'modern' for a long time.

I live in a pretty rural area where all EVs are few and far between, but especially "weird" city cars like the i3. I decided that for this next (and maybe last?) one, I wanted to go a very different route design-wise. My outgoing car was Capparis White with Tera World. I went as sporty as possible with this new sport version and went Melbourn Red, black wheels, and Deka World.

Looking forward to having that fun, weird little car to drive around in again.

I agree on the i3 looks comment. People are always amazed and ask me about the car. Don't see too many of them around here. Often times I'll hear "wow, this is the first time I'm seeing one of these in real life" :)

Zpmada said:
I agree on the i3 looks comment. People are always amazed and ask me about the car. Don't see too many of them around here. Often times I'll hear "wow, this is the first time I'm seeing one of these in real life" :)

Lol! I've been asked about mine exactly once. They're so common around here, that I no joke have 4 neighbors within about a 1/10th mile circle around me that own i3s, and I never even noticed until after i bought mine and my kids started pointing the others out. :D :D But trust me I know where the one other Ford Flex lives in my neighborhood!

Back