HV Battery issue

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnlal68

I have a HV charging problem with my BMW i3 (90Ah battery). The HV battery was discharged under 3V per each cell with the battery pack reading 36V.

I opened the HV battery and manually charged every battery pack to over 45V per pack with individual cells reading 3.8V. The ESTA+ reset all battery cell Undervoltage and Cell Sensor codes but I still have errors that won't clear using ESTA+:

The Dash now shows me 65% HV Battery and 144km range and comes alive but when goes to move, goes off and errors. It seems there is a disconnect between the Car and the HV battery not been synced or recognized.

12V battery is new but there is a 0.5v drain on the 12V when ignition is turned on

21E705 - Cyclical recharge not successful
22281C - High Voltage System not started in spite of request.
22285E - multiple fault: category 5 fault, reduced range
22285F - multiple fault: category 6 fault, opening switch contactors.
21F139 - charge status too low
21F13D - switch contactors: switch-off after a fault

How can I delete this errors/reset SME and EME? Is need EOS code? Or may by the easier way is repairing this?

Does the battery charge from charge port now? Have you tried resetting the high voltage switch under the hood ?

If all the computers lost connection due to no power they need renegotiate.

Many times it helps - just hooking the car on the charger and let it sit overnight.

I have a HV charging problem with my BMW i3 (90Ah battery). The HV battery was discharged under 3V per each cell with the battery pack reading 36V.

I opened the HV battery and manually charged every battery pack to over 45V per pack with individual cells reading 3.8V. The ESTA+ reset all battery cell Undervoltage and Cell Sensor codes but I still have errors that won't clear using ESTA+:

The Dash now shows me 65% HV Battery and 144km range and comes alive but when goes to move, goes off and errors. It seems there is a disconnect between the Car and the HV battery not been synced or recognized.

12V battery is new but there is a 0.5v drain on the 12V when ignition is turned on

21E705 - Cyclical recharge not successful
22281C - High Voltage System not started in spite of request.
22285E - multiple fault: category 5 fault, reduced range
22285F - multiple fault: category 6 fault, opening switch contactors.
21F139 - charge status too low
21F13D - switch contactors: switch-off after a fault

How can I delete this errors/reset SME and EME? Is need EOS code? Or may by the easier way is repairing this?
Did you ever happen to get this sorted?

Back