iPod issue

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing to try is to go onto the BMWUSA.com website and see if there is a newer version of the applicable software. IF there is, you download it, copy it to the root directory of a USB drive, then, stick it into the USB port. On the iDrive menu, there's a page that will let you view the current software versions of the entertainment and phone items. If the software is newer, there's also a menu entry that will allow you to install it. Only takes a few minutes, and may solve some of your issues.

jadnashuanh said:
First thing to try is to go onto the BMWUSA.com website and see if there is a newer version of the applicable software. IF there is, you download it, copy it to the root directory of a USB drive, then, stick it into the USB port. On the iDrive menu, there's a page that will let you view the current software versions of the entertainment and phone items. If the software is newer, there's also a menu entry that will allow you to install it. Only takes a few minutes, and may solve some of your issues.

Thanks, I'll check that out. Do BMW dealers routinely update all the software if they have to update anything? I ask because the car was in service before we took delivery today, primarily to fix the KLE issue (which I asked them to do). I asked the sales guy if Service would update the software when doing the other work, he thought they would. Of course I'll know when I see what's installed.

I guess it might depend on the dealer, but mine does not update the user adjustable software, only the core vehicle software. Some people may not like the entertainment software updates, and since it isn't critical to the car's functions, it is easily done by the typical owner.

I went to bmw.com/update, Software Update, and entered the last 7 digits of my VIN as requested, and it told me my software was up-to-date. Can I rely on that?

According to iDrive, both the media and phone software are version 110.001.004 - is that the latest?

Probably...but, if you download it, and then try to install it, it will tell you if what is there is the same or newer than what you have on the USB drive. They haven't had a huge number of updates, so depending on when yours was built, it could easily have the latest. In this area, there's been one update to mine that was built April 2014, at least the last time I checked.

Back