newbie questions: upgrading software and using android app

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just got a panda i3 w/range extender. it's awesome!

question 1:
i load the firmware, UPD05021.bin from http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html to a usb flash drive. The flash drive mounts fine. The display says the software is incompatible with this vehicle. What now?

question 2:
I can't quite figure out how to use the android i app with the car. it asks for a username and password but i have no idea where to enter either. Can anyone assist me in figuring this out?

Your vehicle may already have the latest software, so what's available on the BMW website may not apply. Last time I looked, the latest applied to vehicles made through February, so if yours is newer, don't expect much of anything.

You need to call your salesman, or whomever setup your BMW assist account. Your username is typically the e-mail address that they have associated with your account, and the password is your emergency help word. Once you get through that, you assign a 4-digit pin to access the program, unless you log out, then you need the UN/PW again, and can change the PIN, if you like.

Latest posts

Back