Preconditioning without ConnectedDrive?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since past 4 days , again my app is not working for departure time or low cost charging in USA.
Can anyone validate if it works ?

My car refuses to accept commands from app, saying no connectivity , but keeps updating the SOC and GPS location
SO clearly the cell phone connection is working and its bugs in the BMW server ....which is the issue

Calling BMW is just a waste of time.
A person will read to you

Its your fault. Either the car is out of range or you need to reinstall the app in all your phones and laptops , as all of your equipment is bad
There is nothing more we can do. we have no means to validate / verify what is not working or create a ticket.
Feel good for your purchase and thanks for calling BMW.

Some one seriously need to sell splunk or some log analyzer to BMW

EVMan said:
Since past 4 days , again my app is not working for departure time or low cost charging in USA.
Can anyone validate if it works ?

My car refuses to accept commands from app, saying no connectivity , but keeps updating the SOC and GPS location
SO clearly the cell phone connection is working and its bugs in the BMW server ....which is the issue

Calling BMW is just a waste of time.
A person will read to you

Its your fault. Either the car is out of range or you need to reinstall the app in all your phones and laptops , as all of your equipment is bad
There is nothing more we can do. we have no means to validate / verify what is not working or create a ticket.
Feel good for your purchase and thanks for calling BMW.

Some one seriously need to sell splunk or some log analyzer to BMW

Post the issues on social media, I find that's when they sit up and take notice. FWIW I have been having the exact same issues for the last while as well.

Did anyone figure out how to precondition and keep the panic alarm on the key fob?

I reprogrammed my fob using Bimmercode's expert mode, but some of the the functions do not see to allow the Short/Mid/Long?

Short on both the 3rd and 4th button do not see to allow for any changes to take hold.
So My 3rd is set up Short(noaction) Mid(Trunk) Long(Frunk)

Now for the 4th button I can only seem to get precondition to work as a Long press feature and nothing else active.
Like so:

4th Short(noaction) Mid(noaction) Long(Precondition)

If I try Short(noaction) Mid(Panic) Long(Precondition) only the panic alarm works

Its the same if the panic alarm and Percondition are swapped.

Notes:
Werte=00 – No action

Werte=02 – Open trunk (rear boot)

Werte=03 – Panic alarm

Werte=05 – Open frunk (front boot)

Werte=07 - Precondition

Back