Public charging cables

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunter

Hi all

I recently had a level 2 charger installed at home and went for one without a cable in order to provide both current and future flexibility. Not wanting to be without a public charging cable in the car, and wanting a permanent one connected to the home charger too, I bought an aftermarket i3 cable. The cable is much more supple than the BMW cable, far less coil memory and using it isn't like wrestling with a large live snake. It cost about €277 (£220) all in (VAT, delivery to the UK) so a fair chunk more expensive than the BMW one. I'm not sure about advertising on here so I won't post supplier details but if you are interested send me a PM. They are Euro based.

Bill

Gonville said:
Is it the same length. Colour? I like the blue python but you are right about its "strugglability".

Its about 30 cm shorter than the BMW one. But you can only measure that when you have mustered a tug of war team to straighten out the BMW one. :)

Bill

Back