remove or reduce dead pedal on I3s

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Harris

Hi All, about to take delivery of my 3 year old I3 S, first thing ive noticed is how large the dead pedal is, can it be removed or reduced does anyone know?

Happy to make something to cover it but is it part of the chasis or just part of the interior carpet etc

thanks all

What is the "dead pedal"?
It's what some call the little footrest for your "outboard" foot which otherwise wouldn't be doing anything without a clutch. For me in the US, that'd be my left foot. I have no idea if the concept is implemented oppositely on a right-hand-drive car, I've never been in one.

It's what some call the little footrest for your "outboard" foot which otherwise wouldn't be doing anything without a clutch. For me in the US, that'd be my left foot. I have no idea if the concept is implemented oppositely on a right-hand-drive car, I've never been in one.
yes that exactly, same in the UK its a big old block, would just like to either remove or reduce in size.....if possible!

For UK models, it should be relatively easy - the whole thing just unbolts (and has to, because you need to do that to get to the cabin air filters). I would expect the same to be true of LHD models, but as I don't have one of those, I don't know.

Back