REX air filter

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlbouah

Hi, new to the forum, be kind lol. Ok so I purchased a 2014 used I3 60ah rex in November. It has 74500 miles on it, full BMW service history here in the ok next service due 02/2024. I have changed the top front shock mounts as they made a bit of noise over bumps, also changed the rear brake caliper actuators as I was getting a parking brake fault. Battery is 83% SOH I also changed oil and filter. Still has the original plastic motor mount and the mounts look ok. REX oil was honey gold when I changed it but I don't like the idea that the rex air filter is not a service item. Anyone ever removed the rex air filter and cut open the housing to see how dirty/clogged it is/was?

REX Filter is fixed for Lifetime of your REX and not made for Change at any Service.
If you want to replace it you have to Replace the whole Filterunit.

Hi, new to the forum, be kind lol. Ok so I purchased a 2014 used I3 60ah rex in November. It has 74500 miles on it, full BMW service history here in the ok next service due 02/2024. I have changed the top front shock mounts as they made a bit of noise over bumps, also changed the rear brake caliper actuators as I was getting a parking brake fault. Battery is 83% SOH I also changed oil and filter. Still has the original plastic motor mount and the mounts look ok. REX oil was honey gold when I changed it but I don't like the idea that the rex air filter is not a service item. Anyone ever removed the rex air filter and cut open the housing to see how dirty/clogged it is/was?
I looked at that too. It's a hell of an air filter. Overly expensive, and overly complex.
Part # 13718603090

BMW 13718603090 for sale online | eBay

Yes very expensive, was thinking of fitting a cone type air filter in its place. I use the rex allot and I am worried after 76000 miles it's starting to get blocked.

Back