Seeking an i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWCCA#41

Longtime Bimmer Nut
I'm a longtime BMW driver and BMW CCA member. (In order: '72 2002tii, '81 528i, '95 525i, '04 MINI Cooper, '88 528e). Five years ago, when I was replacing the '88 as a daily driver, I wanted to buy an i3. A Bimmer nut friend steered me away. Now he's on board, and I'm searching for one. I'm in Orlando, FL and most of the cars I want appear to be in CA. Story of my life -- only in this case, I can't plan a cross country road trip, as I did for the '81 (bought in CA), the '95 (bought in CO), and the '88 (bought in NH). It would have to be shipped. So I'd prefer to find something closer. Looking for 2017 or newer, with a preference for 2019 or newer. Low miles, excellent condition. No black paint, which I think takes away from the car's quirky looks. Yes to REx, no to "s". I agree with those of you who are predicting this could follow in the hallowed tire tracks of the Isetta (and 700!). But I just want to enjoy it! Looking forward to learning from all of you.

I suggest using IQAutos' concierge buying service to find your ideal i3. They're in Marietta, GA, which isn't too far from you. For about a year, I had been looking unsuccessfully for a 2019+ i3 BEV to replace the 2014 i3 BEV that we had purchased new. IQAutos found a lease-return i3 for me at an auction house in southern California and offered to sell it to me for 5% over their purchase price as-is. I didn't have to pay for their dealer prep or transportion to their dealership which was a significant savings. They arranged to truck it to the Long Beach harbor for shipping to me in Honolulu. The purchase process was painless and transparent.

I was concerned about not being able to examine this i3 in person. I was provided with an inspection report and many photos which looked good and were very accurate. Almost 2 years later, I'm still a very satisfied customer.

I'm a longtime BMW driver and BMW CCA member. (In order: '72 2002tii, '81 528i, '95 525i, '04 MINI Cooper, '88 528e). Five years ago, when I was replacing the '88 as a daily driver, I wanted to buy an i3. A Bimmer nut friend steered me away. Now he's on board, and I'm searching for one. I'm in Orlando, FL and most of the cars I want appear to be in CA. Story of my life -- only in this case, I can't plan a cross country road trip, as I did for the '81 (bought in CA), the '95 (bought in CO), and the '88 (bought in NH). It would have to be shipped. So I'd prefer to find something closer. Looking for 2017 or newer, with a preference for 2019 or newer. Low miles, excellent condition. No black paint, which I think takes away from the car's quirky looks. Yes to REx, no to "s". I agree with those of you who are predicting this could follow in the hallowed tire tracks of the Isetta (and 700!). But I just want to enjoy it! Looking forward to learning from all of you.
Long time member here too. ('73 2002, '88 M3, '96 M3 Lux, '18 330e, '21 i3s) I agree also that the i3 will reach Isetta status. But will I live to see it?

I sure wish I would have kept my '88 M3. Those things have skyrocketed !!

I suggest using IQAutos' concierge buying service to find your ideal i3. They're in Marietta, GA, which isn't too far from you. For about a year, I had been looking unsuccessfully for a 2019+ i3 BEV to replace the 2014 i3 BEV that we had purchased new. IQAutos found a lease-return i3 for me at an auction house in southern California and offered to sell it to me for 5% over their purchase price as-is. I didn't have to pay for their dealer prep or transportion to their dealership which was a significant savings. They arranged to truck it to the Long Beach harbor for shipping to me in Honolulu. The purchase process was painless and transparent.

I was concerned about not being able to examine this i3 in person. I was provided with an inspection report and many photos which looked good and were very accurate. Almost 2 years later, I'm still a very satisfied customer.
Small world. You had yours shipped to HI from CA using IQAutos with no problem. I had mine shipped from HI to CA, then PA using Driveway with also no problems.

Back