U.S. Build Date - i3 Ordered

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRU14

New to the forum and am excited to share i ordered my i3 today.
Below is the specs

- Non rEx
- B85 Capparis White/Frozen Blue Accent
- NHFC Giga World Leather/Cloth (ZGW Package)
- ZPK Parking Package (Includes Below)
*Rear View Camera
*Park Distance Control
*Parking Assistant
*Park Assistant Package
- ZTD Technology + Driving Assistant Package (Includes Below)
*ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
*Navigation System
*BMW Online/Apps
*Advanced real-time traffic
- 494 Heated Seats
- 4U7 DC Fast Charging Station (SAE)
- 674 Harmon Kardon Premium Sound
- 2G6 Giga 19' Light Alloy Turbine Wheels (Style 429)

Desert BMW Las Vegas input order 12/30/13, build date 2014, week 10 (Mid March). Dealer advised should be delivered in May that it takes 8-10 weeks from the build date. I was not aware until today that BMW is building/releasing 900 i3's for 2014 and that each dealer will receive three at launch. I have
paid my deposit and now I am very excited and cant wait. :D

I will post periodic updates once received.

Screen_Shot_2013_12_30_at_8_46_59_PM.png

Welcome to the forum!

Please put your location (e.g. Las Vegas USA) in your profile, so we understand the location context of future comments.

Yours is the first US build date order assignment that I've heard of.

Tom, are orders going in? I'd think it was just another dealer taking a deposit, but he got a build date?

ChrisC said:
Welcome to the forum!

Please put your location (e.g. Las Vegas USA) in your profile, so we understand the location context of future comments.

Yours is the first US build date order assignment that I've heard of.

Tom, are orders going in? I'd think it was just another dealer taking a deposit, but he got a build date?

Officially the ordering process shouldn't start for another week or two, but I suspect some dealers may have more information than others based on "who you know". I don't think his order has actually been placed with BMW, but that his dealer is holding it until he can enter it. The build timing is correct though, (week 10-11 begins US production unless there is some kind of delay). I had assumed BMW would announce the ordering process open sometime between CES and NAIAS which would be about a week from now.

Hi Mike,

I was told by the dealer that the Giga & Tera Trims come standard
with the sunroof. I hope they are correct, there seems to be a lot of
confusion on the web about it.

Back