US Financing Details

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local dealer has 2 allocations/build slots so far from what I saw in their system. The spec I gave them is going into the 2nd slot with a build date of the week of March 10. I am sure that date will probably change (speculation).

I think this will all come down to the residuals or buy-back # for Owner Flex. If BMW does a 40% residual/buy back and I get the $7500 tax credit then I am still looking at $130-$140 more a month for the base non Rex i3 over my loaded Volt AT THE SAME PURCHASE PRICE. Despite comments to the contrary, GM's residuals were simply better. Now, I'm not saying the leasing company isn't being incentivized by GM on these to try and build market share or whatever....simply pointing out the delta. I'm also not saying the i3 isn't "worth it". Each buyer will have to determine that for themselves based on what they prioritize.

My last three cars have been BMW (740, 330, and 328). I really, really wanted an I3 (still do!). I expected to own a BMW for the rest of my life, but the pricing makes no sense. This week I'm planning to trade in the 328 on a Volt. In three years I'll look at BMW again.

Tom,
My dealer showed me some info on i3 rates and residuals....
Residuals aresame for i3 and i3rex
for 24,30,36,42,48,54,60 the corresponding residuals are
49%,44%,39%,34%,29%,25%,21%
All these for 15K mileage. For lower mileage they will increase residual by +3 for 10K and +2 for 12K..

I really don't understand how they will calculte mothly payment based on this...

saisiv said:
Tom,
My dealer showed me some info on i3 rates and residuals....
Residuals aresame for i3 and i3rex
for 24,30,36,42,48,54,60 the corresponding residuals are
49%,44%,39%,34%,29%,25%,21%
All these for 15K mileage. For lower mileage they will increase residual by +3 for 10K and +2 for 12K..

I really don't understand how they will calculte mothly payment based on this...
Yes, and he is using a preliminary internal bulletin that supplied those numbers. Those residually, as well as the interest rate on the bulletin are not final and much of the info is likely to change. I don't know if the residual will, but they may. The final i3 financing information has not been released by BMW Financial Services, I promise you. I speak with the BMW FS manager that is finalizing this information on a regular basis and he has promised it will be out soon, but it isn't yet.

On the i3 Facebook Group this link was posted by Tom today:

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/pressDetail.html?title=bmw-group-financial-services-offers-%25e2%2580%2598ownerschoice-with-flex%25e2%2580%2599-financing-product-with-purchase-of-new&outputChannelId=9&id=T0169207EN_US&left_menu_item=node__4094

And another poster mentioned that the updated Financing details will be out Monday.

BMW just announced an additional 4% on top of the residual values that were posted a while back which should help a little. So far, the Owners Choice and OC w/Flex appear to be the best deals. The lease payments are still terrible.

Yep. Owners Choice looks to be 2.99% (with good credit), 3 yr/36k miles, 45% residual. It's not horrible, but nowhere near the subsidized (or optimistic) lease deals from GM and others. My Volt's lease residual exceeded 60%!

A quick chat with the dealership sales today, his best guess for possible lease is: $4000 down and $699 per month

Unless it's a fully loaded REX - with 4k drive off you should be under $600 if the annual miles are 10k or 12k.

Here is what I've been able to glean from various sources.

Residual for 36 mos and 10k miles is 46%
Drop 1% for 12k and 3% for 15k miles.

Top tier credit MF is .00125. Second .00165 and worse goes even higher up to .00399

Here is a link to a comparison spreadsheet I built many years ago to compare leases and financing. The example is the Electronaut edition, basically a $1600 discount. Simply enter your MSRP in the yellow shaded cell and remove the discount. You can play with various cap reductions and such. Tax is based on 9%.

https://app.box.com/s/usa2r4zuxs9t6rk5w4hu

Back