New owner

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARi3

Hello,

New to the forum. Just picked up a nice 2014 CPO i3 BEV. Still learning all the functions of the iDrive, but so far the car has been great. I'm in Northern VA.

Regards,
Rob

Welcome Ari3! Were you able to sign up for the free ChargeNow EVgo plan? I read an article indicating that CPO i3s are eligible for the plan.

Silence said:
Welcome Ari3! Where you able to sign up for the free ChargeNow EVgo plan? I read an article indicating that CPO i3s are eligible for the plan.

I was told I was eligible, but since I don't have the actual RFid card that the new cars come with, I'm waiting for BMW NA to send me one. Then hopefully I'll be able to sign up. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with the ChargeNow. I just signed the paperwork on a 2014 Rex yesterday. The dealer said that I'd get a card with the car. The car is in Boston so I'll have to wait for it to be shipped down to the DC area. The building I work in has EVGgo chargers so I hope to take advantage of them.

Silence said:
Good luck with the ChargeNow. I just signed the paperwork on a 2014 Rex yesterday. The dealer said that I'd get a card with the car. The car is in Boston so I'll have to wait for it to be shipped down to the DC area. The building I work in has EVGgo chargers so I hope to take advantage of them.
While waiting for the ChargeNow car from BMW iTeam - I signed up for the ChargePoint account and already got my free ChargePoint card. You do need to provide a credit card to open an account, but they don't fund it until the first time you use it at a paid charging location.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase! I bought mine in PA and drove it back to VA. Planning the drive back and utilizing DC Fast Chargers was the trick. I'm definitely seeing more i3's here in Reston area - a lot of them with temporary dealer plates.

Back