Service, intervals and content...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trescator

Dear Friends
Do anyone know the intervals for service on the i3 without Rex?
What can they offer in the service program more than checking the battery/ brakes/the heatpump?

Trescator said:
Dear Friends
Do anyone know the intervals for service on the i3 without Rex?
What can they offer in the service program more than checking the battery/ brakes/the heatpump?

Hi... when I had my lease figures, the maintenance on the bev added £40 per month to my 3 year lease. That's over £1400 of maintenance for which is listed as tyres and tyre repairs, as there is no real maintenance other than brakes and checks.

I opted to decline the maintenance as the standard bmw warranty should cover all breakdown issues.

The condition based servicing shown in the iPhone app is telling me my first service for 'Brake Fluid' and 'Inspection' is 2 years from new. There is no service book, it's all electronic.

That's for a Rex in the UK though. I'm sure at some point it will ask for some other service depending on how it is driven and maybe other countries differ.

noakey said:
Hi... when I had my lease figures, the maintenance on the bev added £40 per month to my 3 year lease. That's over £1400 of maintenance for which is listed as tyres and tyre repairs, as there is no real maintenance other than brakes and checks.

I opted to decline the maintenance as the standard bmw warranty should cover all breakdown issues.

The five year maintenance is £375. Excludes tyres, brakes and wipers. I figured for a BEV that I could fund discs and tyres within the £1400. I'm gonna take the £375 deal.

Back