20" Alloys with 20mm Hubcentric Spacers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you push the front wheels out by 20mm and use a wider tire on the front with the same offset rims, do you think the tires may contact the fenders when you turn as you are creating a larger arc in the travel of the front wheels. I have the 20" wheels and the rear tires are quite a bit wider that the front and even more than my 19" winter set.

You should also check the travel of the suspension so that the fenders and tires don't meet under load as suggested by jadnashuanh.

I was comparing wheel sizes and found that the front wheels from the i8 may offer a solution if wider tires are what you are after.

These wheels should bolt up to the i3 hubs.

The i8 fronts are 7" wide 20" wheels. This may also open the doors to some tire options and maybe even some snow tires on the 20" rims.

A little more research will be needed to see if these would work.

Does anyone know whether the lug nut torque requirements are different on wheel spacers vs. standard? Thanks!

yarddog said:
Does anyone know whether the lug nut torque requirements are different on wheel spacers vs. standard? Thanks!

Since you are still screwing the lugs into the hub - no I don't think they are different.

There are spacers where you screw the wheels into the spacer and not the hub - there it might be a difference.

Back