A different perspective

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russtyjames

"Unfortunately, in light my first entertaining drive of a BEV version on a Munich airfield, the i3's dynamics are a little bit more suspect on UK roads. Nowhere is this more evident than in the ride, which is borderline unacceptable on the rougher surfaces of west and south London. Transverse ridges rudely transmit themselves into the cabin, while the i3 crashes over grates and through small imperfections as if you've hit the bump stops. It's much better on less ravaged streets and the ride improves as the speed builds, with a decent amount of compliance at 70mph, but as most UK customers will be using their cars in and around congested cities with rubbish roads, this uncomfortable low-speed ride isn't ideal."

http://www.carenthusiast.com/reviews/article/8895/-/2013-BMW-i3/First+drive+-+Range+Extender+model.html

Well, I guess around a quarter of the driving impressions mention the stiff ride. There will be some truth in that one could expect. We'll see.

On a different note, quoting the summary of the same driving impression: "BMW's new i3 remains an impressive creation, as it is way more entertaining to drive than anything else even remotely comparable, and it's beautifully built inside and out.". Sounds a little better ;)

Back