Adding Wood panel in standard interior - UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithsmith23

Hello. Got a price from dealer on buying Wood panels to swap over in the standard interior. Anyone in UK done this? If 'yes' - DIY, dealer or other 3rd party for the actual install?

It's a simple procedure. The small one next to the instrument cluster just pops out. To get the middle one out you need to take the two screws out that hold the center display and pop it up for clearance and then pop the panel off. The one on the glove box has two screws on the underside of the lid and then it pops off.

I think price for wood panels was around £500 - can't find the quote now, but dealer said would need to get 3rd party to fit. I'm using BMW Cooper in Croydon...BEV should arrive this/next week (ordered in March...it's been a long 10 months!)

Price and fact that dealer won't fit is at odds with KC1...I'll push back to BMW Cooper when car arrives to see if they will do it for me and cheaper!

Hi

Found the quote...£358 + VAT (total £430)

@KC1 - Can you let me know dealer installed for you? Spoke to my dealer and they don;t want to touch it, however if there is example of UK dealer doing it then they would look into it My dealers concern was the warranty...eg - they don't want to balls it up and then have me kicking off...

cheers

sithsmith23 said:
Hi

Found the quote...£358 + VAT (total £430)

@KC1 - Can you let me know dealer installed for you? Spoke to my dealer and they don;t want to touch it, however if there is example of UK dealer doing it then they would look into it My dealers concern was the warranty...eg - they don't want to balls it up and then have me kicking off...

cheers
They are super easy to install yourself.

Back