alternative wheels

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only I've seen are these http://www.wheelwright.co.uk/press-releases-product-news/mak-watt-bmw-i3-alloy-wheel-2014

http://www.makwheels.it/eng/MPN006324.asp

i was actually hoping there might be some 20" available soon... I have just bought an i3 from the bmw showroom as it was available in a week and it was basically the spec i wanted except it had 19" wheels not the 20"... so just looking at kinda hoping a member on here might want to swap to 19's at some point :-D

Its a bit early yet i expect?

There is a very good chance they will have negative impact on ride and road noise, i had an Audi A8 some years ago and going down a wheel size improved the ride a lot.

electricvirgin said:
Its a bit early yet i expect?

There is a very good chance they will have negative impact on ride and road noise, i had an Audi A8 some years ago and going down a wheel size improved the ride a lot.

I changed my order down to the 19 from 20 after concluding the same.

awww you should be saying I have my order with 20s and now it's too late but you'd like to do a trade! LOL

Come on some must want to!

I think I'm going to take the plunge and swap my 19s for the 20s...

ATM I have the 19" Bi-colour Turbine spoke.

Planning on selling these so if anyone is interested give me a shout... I'm in the UK.

Cheers
rob.

Even though I'm very happy with the handling of the car, I think wider tires would make the car corner even better, even if I had to give up a few miles in range per charge. Hoping maybe 205/225 F/R at the very least.

Keeping an eye on Rays/Volk wheels in Japan to see if they come out with a light i3 wheel.

They currently do this 'Super ECO' forged lightweight wheel for the Prius, insight, etc:

face_01.jpg

I33t said:
Keeping an eye on Rays/Volk wheels in Japan to see if they come out with a light i3 wheel.

They currently do this 'Super ECO' forged lightweight wheel for the Prius, insight, etc:

face_01.jpg

That is not a Prius wheel, it only has 4 bolt lug holes, Prius has 5 and so does the insight.

Back