Any Discounting Yet in U.S.?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolworker

Between the Launch Package and the unavailability of California HOV stickers for the REx, I'm thinking about placing an order for the car I want and waiting a little longer.

Besides saving the $2500 for options I don't want, is it too early to score a discount off MSRP?

I've reached out to several Los Angeles dealers and everyone is MSRP.

That may change in May/June when the first cars begin arriving, but as of now there seems to be enough of a demand and mystique to command MSRP.

My order was secured with a 1K refundable deposit - I definitely plan to push for a deal once the car is built an en-route.

toolworker said:
Between the Launch Package and the unavailability of California HOV stickers for the REx, I'm thinking about placing an order for the car I want and waiting a little longer.

Besides saving the $2500 for options I don't want, is it too early to score a discount off MSRP?

Most (if not all) California dealers have NOT pre sold their initial allocations. When those cars start to arrive at the dealers in April, I think you will have a decent chance of getting some discount.

While I don't expect any movement from MSRP (all three of the dealers I'm working with have pre-sold their allocations), I am going to use the opportunity to get the best financing arrangement possible. There are definite variations in the monthly payments terms among the dealers even when you specify the same values (# of miles, down payment, term length, etc.).

David

Back