Anyone else hate the i3 navigator?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky17

I can't say I've given it an exhaustive test yet, but the few times I've tried it, it's come up with a route (or routes) that would make a NYC cab driver trying to milk an out of town fare proud. Just ridiculous! Miles out of my way!

I've only tried it on trips where I know the best way and have for years. It will get me where I'm going - eventually - with seriously excessive battery use.

I have tried the different route preference options. Still sucks.

Has anyone else found this to be true, or is it just lousy maps around where I live? Or not the best programing logic?

I use WAZE and wonder why anybody would spend extra to buy a GPS for their car.

I live in Los Angeles and I find the navigation with the live traffic updates to work just as well as Waze. The routes direct me to routes I would normally take on my commute to and from work.

My route preferences are typically Eco pro and to avoid tolls.

I'm in the UK and have the Pro version. I have noticed the RTTI isn't good, it detects congestion caused by Road Works, then directs me through those works despite roads being closed. When I follow the diversion, it tells me to do a U-turn. It's just as well I'm in my home city and know where I'm going.

Back