Blue wrapped i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernGirl

After a nail biting 7 month wait, I picked up my i3 in March this year. Not taken by any of the colours on offer, I chose my own. Rood Designs in Inverurie, Scotland made a fantastic job of converting my white i3 into this unique rich midnight blue, proving you really can have the car of your dreams! :)

IMG_3959_zpsdlza1mdi.jpg

IMG_3961_zps82lrycdh.jpg

IMG_5749_zpspbdlhd6q.jpg

IMG_5750_zpsrro5g0kk.jpg

IMG_5751_zpsmh37fx7b.jpg

IMG_5752_zpssgy9ep8w.jpg

What's the process to wrap a car? I've seen several posts but none that explain it or how it's done. Does it leave any lasting marks? Can an owner remove it? Does it show nicks and scratches easily? Please enlighten me!

BMW4Me said:
What's the process to wrap a car? I've seen several posts but none that explain it or how it's done. Does it leave any lasting marks? Can an owner remove it? Does it show nicks and scratches easily? Please enlighten me!
It peels off and if done correctly (in warm weather or with a hair dryer) it should not leave any residue behind. Good quality films (3M) will not show damage any differently than paint would and can be waxed and polished. Matte films should not be polished though as that will change their appearance.

How long can one expect a wrap to look good enough to keep, especially in sunny climates with strong UV radiation? How well does a wrap stand up to door dings, road rash, bump-parkers, etc.?

I've seen a wrap, whose age and quality I don't know, that was becoming very ratty looking along the lower areas where road debris had chipped away at it (to me, it looked worse than paint would have looked in a similar situation).

alohart said:
How long can one expect a wrap to look good enough to keep, especially in sunny climates with strong UV radiation? How well does a wrap stand up to door dings, road rash, bump-parkers, etc.?

I've seen a wrap, whose age and quality I don't know, that was becoming very ratty looking along the lower areas where road debris had chipped away at it (to me, it looked worse than paint would have looked in a similar situation).

Not going to be a worry for the OP in Scotland :)

That is a very nice job they did for you there. The colour suits the car really well.
PS don't forget to inform your insurance that you have modded " just in case"

the wrap is dead for me

i wanted to match the frunk black hood with the solar orange body color

they dont have any wrap material even close to that color

it would have cost $100 for the hood only

:eek:

Back