BMW Labs

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psquare

Noticed the BMW Labs widget in the sidebar the other day and tried to sign up, but was put on the waiting list.

https://labs.bmw.com

Is anyone on here part of the Labs app trial ?

Yes I have been using it for about a week now. It is basically just adding the ITTT app to the car. Most of the things you could just do with your smartphone but with increased integration you could expand the posibilities. (i.e. close the garage door when you leave your house, have the lights/heat turn on when you are on your way home, etc). I would download the ITTT app and become familiar with the functions.

Thanks. I downloaded the IFTTT app, registered and downloaded the BMW ConnectedDrive recipe. I can now see it connect to it from the car when I choose the widget in the sidebar. I'll play around with a little more.

Unfortunately, it requires the upgraded nav unit to work. It also doesn't (as far as I can tell) offer anything your smart phone can't using its own GPS.

It would actually be useful if you could trigger on charge state changes, but for some reason they left that out of the trigger list while including "going over the speed limit".

Back