BMW Wall Charger - anyone apply discount?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uter

BMW owners were given the 10% off cards (up to $1000) for 2014. Also, members of the BMW-CCA typically get 10-15% discount on parts.

My question is, has anyone negotiated a discounted price on the $1,080 unit or applied one these discounts?

I follow you, Sparky, but BMW will roll the cost of their device into the lease, which is attractive from the standpoint of less out-of-pocket costs.
Also, if they'll give a 10-15% parts discount, the OEM look starts to be reasonably priced.

The way I look at it, with a $1000 rebate from BMWNA for BMWCCA members, it's sort of a free charger anyway.

Actually I think the BMW EVSE is ugly and over priced by almost $500. Plus it is huge compared to other units advertised on this site. 10 to 15% off is still way too high.

There's also, apparently, a souped-up one on the way to the world market soon. I'd consider paying the premium for it than the "Pure." If barebones is what you're after, apply the $1K for a ClipperCreek and a steak dinner.

http://insideevs.com/meet-bmw-wallbox-pro/

Back