California HOV Stickers for REx, Maybe?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolworker

A bill to increase the number of green HOV stickers has passed its first hurdle in the California Assembly.

AB2013 passed the Assembly Transportation Committee yesterday on a 14-0 vote and moved on to the Appropriations Committee.

With fewer than 10% remaining of the 40,000 green stickers for plug-in electric vehicles, it's unlikely that this bill will make it through in time to keep them from running out, at least for a while. And the i3 REx still isn't on the list of qualified vehicles, although it probably will be.

Personally, I don't think this bill is good public policy. The stickers were needed to encourage early adoption of plug-in cars, but they're pretty well accepted now and there are other, financial incentives still in place.

But a 14-0 vote on a committee with 16 members indicates some moxie behind this quick-moving bill, and it's hard to figure where any opposition might come from.

Back