Caring for the i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredr500

What are you all doing for car care on the i3?

I was looking though autogeek.net and was about to buy their Original Forum Favorite kit for exterior and the Wolfgang Leather Cockpit kit for the inside, plus some glass cleaner and a couple other items and I was at $300.

Is it really worth that and the work for a car on a 30 month lease?

I can get a car wash concentrate and paint sealant for about $50 and just spot treat the leather as needed, not sure how much I need to worry about the leather for for 2.5 years. It just needs to be in average condition at turn in.

I like my cars to look good but I don't show them or anything. I think I'm the only one that really appreciates it when I put in a lot of work to make them nice.

Is it worth an extra $250 or so?

Fred

unfortunately that's totally up to you. If keeping your car clean is going to be "work" I'd just do the minimum for a lease. For myself, I kind of like doing it. It's relaxing and therapeutic in a way. The stuff in that kit is definitely nice stuff. If budget is a concern there are always other brands and options that can also get the job done.

Back