Changing halogen lights with LED elements to full LED lights

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muhv

I crasched my panda. :| I walked out unharmed, but the front body of the car was badly broken, including the headlights. So instead of puting new halogen lights, I had an idea of installing the full LEDs. Local BMW shop does not know if it is possible, unfortunately. Does anybony here have any idea if and how can it be done?

It's easy to change the main beams to LED, my dipped lights were LED anyway. There have been posts on here about the procedure. It's a separate bulb for dipped and main.

Yeah, LED bulbs will not give a proper light, unfortunately. I used Xenon bulbs before the accident, better, but as it is slightly unleagal :?, I would like to upgrade the car.

Unfortunately my local dealer sayed, they got the information from Germany saying "nain, nain, nain" - no changes and retrofits are allowed to i3-s. :cry:

Anything is possible with enough money, but I don't think you'll find much info on this here. The car is still too new. On some older BMW's its pretty easy to swap halogen for HID, but it probably wasn't realized until several years into production. Go ahead and fix the car for now, it probably isn't worth the headache to be the first to give it a try. I'm sure some coding would need to be done.

Back