Chargemaster Double Check your Bookings

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCZWhite

It seems that they are not too organised. Booked mine in for today, had another call after the booking so told them it was done. Get the day off, carpets and floorboards up, waited to 12 before I called them only to be told it had not been arranged! Changed it for tomorrow so fingers crossed it happens.

Chargemaster called me about 3 months after I first registered on their web site to het an EVSE installed! too late as British Gas had done it weeks ago!

I've had one done by charge master and one by British Gas. Both were completed within 3 weeks however they are identical units and the British Gas one was £35 more expensive but much better wiring and fitting than the charge master one.

Both untethered 7kw

Cheers
Mark

British Gas did not call me back! Seems a right mix. The guy who surveyed says he is often going to fix the BG installs! Let's see how good he is tomorrow, watch this space. :D

Chargemaster called me about 3 months after I first registered on their web site to get an EVSE installed. British Gas were already booked in to do it (notice any similarities?!).

However I did take the opportunity to get a unit installed at my other house by them. Chargemaster gave me a date of 21st July. Got a call on the 12th to say they can come and fit it next day. Agreed and fella turned up and did a very professional job. Guess who called me this morning (21st)? Chargemaster to fit a charger! I informed the poor engineer that they had already done one. Then got another call from a confused call center.

Would agree the booking side seems a little disorganised.

Pick my car up on the 24th :D

I got a call this evening from the fitter confirming he will be at mine for 9am. Here's hoping, I have lifted the carpets and floorboards, worked out where the cable has to come through the ceiling, my fuse board is in the centre if the house, fed a wire through from the extension under the floorboards to the point the cable will enter it from below and cleared the narrow extension roof of isulation material so he can come into that from the outside wall. :roll: All fun fun fun!

British Gas have an aversion to fitting into a consumer unit. They like to go on the electricity board's territory in the meter box. I had a new consumer unit put in with additional ways, they wouldn't touch it. Subsequent PV installer says that they shouldn't put anything on the main supply board as that belongs technically to the electricity board and they could remove it if they don't like it.

Lots of discussion and pictures of this on the speakev forum. I posted before and after pictures. There was a big rant about the scheme being suspended/resumed by in the know people but there is a lot of useful info there.

https://speakev.com/threads/your-home-charger-suggestions-please.2278/

Depends on the fitter. Mine said he has some fuse boxes fall to pieces when he opened them as they had never been opened or the main isolator ever used......

Back