December deals?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Credit requests received are processed subject to the availability of funds. — Maryland MVA
The new law, which increased the credit amount, went in effect July 1, 2014, so there's probably plenty left in the account. (At least I hope there is — still waiting on the check.)

Remember to take the excise credit form with you at closing. An official from the dealership needs to sign it. At my deal, it was the finance dude.

chrisch70 said:
I favor to buy it via the owner choice program to recoup the $7,500 fed tax credit in a few months, so I won't be able to take advantage of the lease cash, as I believe you can only get it for a traditional lease as it includes a portion (4,875) of the tax credit.

I agree on putting down zero and don't mind higher payments throughout the term.

Thanks for confirming the moneyfactor. I thought they try to mark up when I saw .oo17 which comes out to around 4%.

We were only considering the choice plan to have a safety net in terms of the car's future value and if it for some reason plummets, we could return it, but know I think, I might buy it outright with a credit union 1.99% interest loan and no longer worry about the residual value.

On the Maryland credit of $2,750, do you know if funds are limited and only on a first come first serve basis?

I also try to call Maryland to confirm if funds are available, but have not gotten through to the right person yet.

I wouldn't recommend flat-out buying it. In 2 years, there will be >200-mile EVs from a few different manufacturers for ~$35k (source: I work for the transportation industry, and have spoken to some of the engineering folks). The value of an 80-mile EV will not be very high...

I got my BEV (Giga interior, 20" rims, DCFC, and Heated Seats) on Owner's Choice Flex for $220/month (that includes GAP insurance) and $3k down. 2 years, 10k miles each. It was $7100 off MSRP, along with a $500 Black Friday discount and a $1000 USAA discount. When the MD Tax Credit check arrives, I'll be at $250 down and $220/month. It would have been idiocy for me NOT to do it! Insurance is kicking my butt, though, at $140/month (USAA - doesn't get cheaper than that!). Could be because I am under 25, I suppose, but either way call your insurance and make sure the premium is reasonable.

mtd240 said:
It would have been idiocy for me NOT to do it! …
The price difference between the roll-out earlier this year to the November/December deals is nothing short of astonishing. But I would imagine a veteran BMW lessee would say this is common among slow-selling models.

websterize, thanks for the breakdown you posted earlier today. We put a deposit on a REx last week, and the dealer is quoting us a lease with the following terms:

BMW i3 REx Mega
- Capparis White
- Heated front seats
- DC fast charging
- Park Assist package

* MSRP: $48,200
* discount including Holiday Credit: $2,900
* Factory rebate: $5,500
* Customer price: $39,800

With a down payment (including first payment, DMV, and fees) of $3,500, our monthly lease is $461.38 + tax with a residual of $25,546. This looks nearly identical to the the numbers you ran for chrisch70. Frankly, I was worried that the dealer's quote started with MSRP. The selling price in the quote is down where it should be after the rebates and discounts, though, so it sounds like we are getting a reasonable deal.

iConcierge told me that the vehicle was transferred to the trucking company on Monday. I'm hopeful that we get it by this weekend.

Thanks again!

pegli said:
websterize, thanks for the breakdown you posted earlier today. We put a deposit on a REx last week, and the dealer is quoting us a lease with the following terms:

BMW i3 REx Mega
- Capparis White
- Heated front seats
- DC fast charging
- Park Assist package

* MSRP: $48,200
* discount including Holiday Credit: $2,900
* Factory rebate: $5,500
* Customer price: $39,800

With a down payment (including first payment, DMV, and fees) of $3,500, our monthly lease is $461.38 + tax with a residual of $25,546. This looks nearly identical to the the numbers you ran for chrisch70. Frankly, I was worried that the dealer's quote started with MSRP. The selling price in the quote is down where it should be after the rebates and discounts, though, so it sounds like we are getting a reasonable deal.

iConcierge told me that the vehicle was transferred to the trucking company on Monday. I'm hopeful that we get it by this weekend.

Thanks again!

The discount should really be closer to $5K - some dealers are doing $7-9K (look at BMW of Fairfax). This is BEFORE the $5500 lease credit.

You should be able to get at least another $2K off easily, and another $3-5K if you don't mind shopping around.

pegli said:
websterize, thanks for the breakdown you posted earlier today. We put a deposit on a REx last week, … Mega … Capparis White … .
My pleasure and good luck with your deal.

I've heard Capparis White referred to as panda, stormtrooper, panda stormtrooper and even ice-cream sandwich. Whatever you call it, it's the fastest color.

The price of gas is falling rapidly and might reach the very low two dollar range. That seems to be about 40% less than not too long ago.
The question is how does that affect the sale or most importantly the leasing of electric cars or plug in cars? Anyone know for sure?
The leases in CA for many BMW's and Mercedes, etc. are falling to really good deals.

Is the all electric BMW going to have lower lease rates because of the huge drop in gas prices?

Here are the number of new i3s for sale at 10 BMW dealers within a 50-mile radius of downtown D.C:
Sterling: 9
Fairfax: 9
Alexandria: 17 (!)
Passport: 8
Slver spring: 7
Rockville: 18 (!)
Towson/Bel Air: 8
Annapolis: 2
Catonsville: 5

Falling fossil fuel prices. Winter-range anxiety. End-of-year sales pressure. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. Sounds like a buyer's market!

Guys. Got a quote on a range extended version with MSRP of $47,050

24 months lease
12k miles
$1400 due at lease signing
$435 including taxes

Is this a good deal? I'm in California

Thanks for the help

Posted about another i3 BEV with same MSRP but decided to go with this one instead. The 24 mo lease is the best deal going right now but I'll be adding vinyl wrap to advertise my business so decided on a longer lease.

2014 BMW i3
Giga world
Solar Orange
Tech package
Parking Package
Heated seats
DC Fast charger
HK stereo

And here’s the deal:
MSRP = 49,900
Sales price = 37,215.80 (after rebates/discounts)

Cash down 1000 + inception fees
36 mo = $370.72

Residual is 53% for 36 mo @ 10k and the mf = .00125

BMWCCA members get a 1000 rebate for the i3 BEV so I'm really just paying inception fees for my out of pocket.

2014 BMW i3

Tera world
Panda.
Tech + Driving Assist
Parking Assist Package
Heated seats
DC fast charging
Harmond/Kardon premium sound

MSRP = $50,350

$6650 off MSRP
$1000 BMWCCA rebate on i3 bev
$7500 Fed tax credit (did owner's choice)

Actual price after rebates - $35,200

Just as a comparasion I purchased an OC+flex on 12/19 in the Bay Area. Identical configuration - MSRP $50,350. Cash price $44,400 (including $1,000 USAA), so $36,500 when accounting for the federal rebate. This was purchased while in transit from Germany, so not sitting on the lot at all - no trunk money :-(

electricpanda - was this sitting on the lot long? Maybe I should have waited a few more weeks.

Just a note, as I understand it if you're in CA legally you are eligible for the $2,500 CA rebate even on a 24 month OC (since it's a purchase with a balloon, vs. a lease) - as long as you notify them if you don't pay the balloon and walk away at that time. If you keep the car past 30 months the 2,500 is yours to keep - they way things are worded on the website you have an obligation to advise them if you dispose of the cat in under that period. My guess is they can ask for the $2,500 back (interest free loan?), or maybe they will pro-rate...who knows.

Back