Diagnostics at the dealership

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered an OBD2 diagnostic dongle to take to the dealership in the hopes that they will let me plug it in and check for any red flags. Its the veepeak OBDCheck bluetooth dongle to pair with my phone.

Just curious if anyone knows of anything to look out for or check specifically. The car im going to look at is 3 hours away so Id like to buy it with confidence. I also bought it to tinker with all the settings of course, and I cant wait to do that.

MachineGunArms said:
I just ordered an OBD2 diagnostic dongle to take to the dealership in the hopes that they will let me plug it in and check for any red flags. Its the veepeak OBDCheck bluetooth dongle to pair with my phone.

Just curious if anyone knows of anything to look out for or check specifically. The car im going to look at is 3 hours away so Id like to buy it with confidence. I also bought it to tinker with all the settings of course, and I cant wait to do that.
You probably know that you'd need to install apps on your smartphone to use with this OBD adaptor. BimmerLink can read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) and can display descriptions, cryptic that they might be, of proprietary BMW DTC's unlike many apps and scan tools. BimmerCode can change the values of parameters that various electronic modules read to establish their behaviors. Both apps must be licensed before they could actually do anything buy run in demo mode.

I'm not aware of any DTC's to look for in a BEV. Hopefully, REx owners will list DTC's that indicate problems with the REx system.

Thank you for your response. I will buy the apps before I go and research online to see if there is anything I should look out for. Hopefully most of it is self explanatory.

Latest posts

Back