every time I lock car door the alarm goes off now.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oex

had the car a couple days everything has been fine. Today, if I lock the door by pressing the bmw logo on key, or touch the handle to lock it... the car alarm always goes off after about 30 seconds. I can't lock the car!! what is going on?? the ONLY way I can lock the car is through the BMW i3 iPhone app.

First thing I'd check is that the rear doors are closed. The sensor that tells the car those are closed needs you to close them with a bit more force than you might think. Then, ensure both the frunk and hatch are properly closed. If none of those things resolve it, you need to see your dealer.

Have you coded the car? If so, plug back in, reconnect with E-sys then disconnect.

Do you have one of those insurance monitoring devices plugged into the OBD port? If so, unplug it.

you can deactivate the tilt sensor and internal motion detect by pressing a second time on the lock button of the remote. within 10 sec of locking

the details are in the manual.

Back