First year of BMW i3 REx ownership - still loving it

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psquare

Buying the i3 has been a great decision. It's reliable and a pleasure to drive. Most of our family journeys are covered using it and the car saves us around £800 per year in Petrol/Diesel. I switched electricity provider to Ecotricity, because I wanted to ensure we support a green supplier for grid electricity and gas. We also had a 4kWp PV system installed, meaning our house electricity consumption is covered by about 120% p.a., leaving about 1-2 months worth of car recharge offset. Most recharges are done overnight, using an Economy-7 meter.

After 15k miles, the tyres look like as if they can cover another 2-3k miles. The first service is due in Feb 2017 and part of a service package I purchased with the car.

Kids love talking to their mates about the i3, my wife loves the precon and acceleration. Now when will BMW offer the i3 with a soft top ? ;)

Yes. I had mine for less than a week and I am loving it. I've gotten so many compliment from it. In fact, while on the highway or when driving around a lot of people stare at the car. What is everyones experience?

Kiwi said:
You may save $800 in fuel a year but just wait for the car depreciation.

Looking back, any of the cars I owned over the years have depreciated. If depreciation would have been a concern for me, then I would have bought an entirely different car. Or maybe no car at all.

I also purchased my car as a company vehicle, which means different allowances etc apply. Don't worry, I played all the scenarios through with my accountant.

Oh, and it's a saving of 800 Pounds Sterling, by the way. :)

Back