Free ChargeNow EVgo Expiring Soon

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveg

I have one more month (July) before my (inherited) ChargeNow EVgo free 30 minute charging expires.

For you folks in California, do the EVgo chargers at Whole Foods (the only convenient ones near me) actually cost $9.95?

For how long a charge?

Seems expensive!

Prices vary since EVgo offers multiple plans. Their site also requires inputting a location before it shows prices so there might be regional variations. The recent ChargeNow email announcing the one month extension (initial free program was supposed to end June 30), included this tidbit, "Stay tuned for details on how you can sign up for continued access to EVgo Stations with your ChargeNow card, even after July 31—at special pricing for BMW drivers."

I hadn't used a public charger in months, but since the expiration/ extension, I have charged 7 of the last 10 days just for fun.

I always meet interesting people and have great conversations with fellow EV owners or people curious about the car.

The Tesla guys were touring around the world.

Waiting to see what EVgo/ ChargeNow will do past July 31.

20160706_111255-L.jpg

:mrgreen:

Back