Gates communities that only allow electric vehicles?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3marc

Is there such a thing? gated communities that would outright BAN gasoline cars in their confines.

As I breathe cleaner air by the very fact I drive my i3 and no toxic fumes or the like enter my cabin, I became sensitive to outside pollution which is beyond horrible.

I wonder if a class action lawsuit would be possible by EV owners to restrict gasoline car usage, now that my own experience has shown a pure EV, even with just 80 miles of range, is an order of magnitude simpler, cleaner and more convenient than a contraption that sucks black goomp from the ground.

Considering there are still many more ICE vehicles offered and being sold than there are electric vehicles, you'll just have to wait for the future to take its course. Considering the popularity of upcoming affordable electric vehicles, it should be a bright one.

A lawsuit would just be considered very frivolous.

If you are a developer, buy a big plot of land and develop it how you see fit. If you write the bylaws then anyone that builds a home in your development has to agree to them. I believe there is a community in Florida being developed that will only allow EV's.

Back