Good dealership to lease from in San Diego

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearymicrobe

Looking for a non rex base i3 in orange or white.

So does anybody have a dealership in SD that is good to work with or you have lease from in SD. I keep seeing dealers like 1500$ down and ~150$ a month on them in Northern California with maybe just the navigation package.

But the one in El Cajon here are sticking to the 249$ a month deal with 4K down for 24K months and 10K miles with not a lot of wiggle. I would do say 3K down and the 150$+ tax on a REX as well in a good color..

The two dealers up north have a combined 100 i3's on the lot, would drive up to Orange county if required. Looking to get one today or tomorrow if possible.

You can scratch BMW of Encinitas. 4.2K off no negotiation, they have 57 in stock.

Vista seems like a decent choice. Might call the guys up in Irvine as they have a ton in stock.

Keep us posted please.

I'm also in San Diego, and just started looking into a i3 lease. The only dealer I've contact via email was Encinitas BMW(4.6K off of 50K MSRP) yesterday.

Based on what I've been reading, 15% off MSRP is the min I would shoot for not including incentives. I would also not put a down payment, but would use that money for 7 security deposits to lower the money factor. 30 months for the lease terms to get the $2500 CA rebate.

I'm in no hurry, so I'm going to take my time to find the best deal. I figure when the 2015's roll in better deals will present themselves.

Vista is drawing something up right now. 17.8% off, 5500 credit no cash out of pocket. Will one pay the lease.

Getting a Orange REX with the tech package and heated seats.

Nice. Please post the specifics when you get a chance. Stuff like MSRP, the amount they discounted, credits + incentives, lease terms, anything you would like to include.

It would be nice to have a point of reference when I start the process.

Many thanks.

Well you can cross vista off the list.

MSO 400$ in "advertisement" costs
185$ in dealer training and a few other ridiculous things.
995$ in accessories.

Non of which was disclosed up front.

Plus the one car that I wanted they had in fleet, bu listed as new on the website, but could sell to me but not with the BMW discounts. Same with the next one on my list. Everything else did not match what I wanted. Add in a semi racist joke and they are done.

I am pretty much completely off the i# after being treated the way I have at the two dealerships I have been to in regards to extra fees being hidden in the cost. I am going to go back to anther brand that does not have these issues.

Sorry to hear about you bad experiences. Unfortunately that seems to be all too common.

I'm going to keep plugging along via the internet, and try to work out all of the details prior to stepping a foot on the dealer floor. Hopefully that makes for less of a headache.

There were a few San Diego recommendations in this forum for good sales people to contact. I think one was named Patrick at BMW of San Diego? You might have to search that one.

I wouldn't give up from a few bad experiences tho... you could easily have a few more bad ones (regardless of the make or model) before you find a good one.

Patrick was actually the best of the lot but did not have a car in stock that met my criteria. I got my last 5 Series and my mothers 3 series from him in the past.

Rick Cohen at El Cajon was cool as well but again no Rex with tech package and heated seats in a color that I wanted.

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Rick-Cohen-review-73408/

wearymicrobe,

Jason DeMond
Irvine BMW M & i Certified Client Advisor
949-380-1200 x 1438
[email protected]

Recently leased a white i3 BEV from him on Feb 14th and had a good experience. They had a lot of Rex versions on the lot but only a few BEVs. I did not want a Rex as I absolutely did not want to use ANY gas :p

He can do everything over the phone/email if you like.
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?trk=contacts-contacts-list-contact_name-0&id=175975294

Cartman said:
wearymicrobe,

Jason DeMond
949-380-1200 x 1438
[email protected]

Recently leased a white i3 BEV from him on Feb 14th and had a good experience. They had a lot of Rex versions on the lot but only a few BEVs. I did not want a Rex as I absolutely did not want to use ANY gas :p

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?trk=contacts-contacts-list-contact_name-0&id=175975294

Do you mind sharing the details of the lease?

I'm also going for a white BEV :)

Cartman said:
wearymicrobe,

Jason DeMond
949-380-1200 x 1438
[email protected]

Good guys?

Sent email they have a Orange REX in stock but not exactly what I want in options.

Just a heads up the lease deal of 4K down with 259 a month on a extender with no options is now 369$ a month with the same down. So I am officially out.

wearymicrobe, I don't know who you spoke with, but I also just leased from Irvine less than a week ago and got what I'm pretty confident is a pretty killer deal.

A trade-in was involved, so it's a little more complicated than the standard thing, but PM me if you're still interested enough to hear the details.

Nicholai said:
wearymicrobe, I don't know who you spoke with, but I also just leased from Irvine less than a week ago and got what I'm pretty confident is a pretty killer deal.

A trade-in was involved, so it's a little more complicated than the standard thing, but PM me if you're still interested enough to hear the details.

Please post the details.

Irvine BMW has extended their presidents day sale and are now offering the following:

p3f1DFj.png

You may be able to work them a bit on that monthly. Mine was similar but without the range extender so it was advertised at $338/$0 down...I think. You will need over an 800 credit score to qualify.

Cartman said:
Irvine BMW has extended their presidents day sale and are now offering the following:

You may be able to work them a bit on that monthly. Mine was similar but without the range extender so it was advertised at $338/$0 down...I think. You will need over an 800 credit score to qualify.

Did you talk down the sale price? Curious what the sale price was vs MSRP? Drive off costs? Did the dealer hit you with any weird fees?

Thanks.

Highest discount off MSRP I am seeing is close to $7000.
That puts me in a lease quote of $5353 down and payment is $360 including the tax.
That's on a 36mo/10k lease. Seems high.

El Cajon kicks butt.

4K down 331$ a month for 24 months.

Rex
white/tan interior
Level 3 charging port
Giga interior
Tech package.
Heated seats.
Keyless entry
MSRP of 52,400$.

Love this thing its from the future no doubt. Sending the car out to have the hood wrapped white tomorrow and going to find a massive USB stick to use for the music today. Have no idea how to use the start stop cruise control and I need to get my carpool stickers.

Back