Got to see it at last - and very happy (inc wipers pic)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanSerif

Having leaped in and ordered an i3 entirely sight unseen, I was a little apprehensive when I went along to the "sneak preview" this evening. Fortunately, I came away very happy - it's exactly what I'd hoped it would be. More importantly, Mrs SS also liked it!

The slight worries I had were unfounded. Would a "plastic" car feel at all insubstantial and, well, "plastic-y"? Not at all - and the doors shut satisfyingly enough by my book (we'd arrived in an E class Merc so would have noticed anything too amiss). Would the rear doors be awkward? Again no problem. Of great importance - would seat and steering wheel be sufficiently adjustable to accommodate either Mrs SS or myself? No problem.

Overall, I was impressed by the quality and the looks (which, IMO, balance being "different" without being too barking). If the functionality similarly lives up to initial promises, I'll be very happy with the i3.

I can't think of much else to report that hasn't already been analysed to death. However, I did get a pic of the windscreen wipers on the RHD model which was a topic of speculation, a few threads ago:

yVESxc5l.jpg

Does anybody know where I can grab a sneak peak in the UK?
I've placed an early order, but I haven't been able to see one of the cars yet.

I can make any northern or perhaps some Midlands showrooms.

Any tip-offs greatly appreciated.

Luke.

The Laurus Grey car is going to be at Warwick for two days at the end of the month (30th Sept and and 1st Oct).

http://www.rybrookwarwickbmw.co.uk/

There is also one at Stevenage this weekend. I become more and more impressed each time I see the car. New things I learnt today are that the idrive rotary controller is touch sensitive, and when you turn on the hazard warning lights and open the tailgate, the hazards stop flashing on the tailgate and flash instead on the bumper lights!

Production is definitely behind schedule. The dealership were originally promised 5 demo cars for November and have now been told to expect only 2. As the dealerships first confirmed order for a pure EV ( I placed a deposit weeks before the order book opened) I am still not expecting a delivery this year....real shame!

Back