Having a tough time getting hold of tyres?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprinty

Hi all,

Big lurker here.

I'm having trouble getting hold of any tyres in the Hampshire area (front & rears - Rex)

Does anyone have any idea where to get some, rang round the locals and they have all given a 2-3 month lead time because bridgestone don't know when they are making more.

Thanks

Sorry, but I’ve not needed any yet. Bit worrying if they are in short supply. Cant your dealer get them?

With a pretty bad puncture on 1 tyre and the fact our i3 was still on its original tyres from new (26k miles), I thought it was probably worth getting all 4 tyres changed last week eventhough there appeared to be adequate tread left for a while yet.

Anyway, called local BMW dealer, both Parts & Service team would not come down from the standard price of c.£223 for a rear tyre. I let them know that the tyres were available online (incl. fitting) for about £100 less than that and could they take a view on this. No, not interested.

So about £850-900 all in at BMW for 4 tyres.

Went instead to Event Tyres for c£450 all in, they would come to my home 2 days later for supply and fitting. I did get a call the next day from Event Tyres that getting hold of the Bridgestones was proving difficult as UK availability was down, however they promised me by end of week that the tyres would be available as they had escalated direct to Bridgestone UK and supplies were arriving by then in to UK.

Tyres are now fitted fine, very pleased. I did hear that the i3 has been prone to punctures and tyre replacements, clearly this has suited certain BMW dealers at their tyre prices!

HFLagos said:
About £850-900 all in at BMW for 4 tyres.

Went instead to Event Tyres for c£450 all in, they would come to my home 2 days later for supply and fitting. I did get a call the next day from Event Tyres that getting hold of the Bridgestones was proving difficult as UK availability was down, however they promised me by end of week that the tyres would be available as they had escalated direct to Bridgestone UK and supplies were arriving by then in to UK.

Tyres are now fitted fine, very pleased. I did hear that the i3 has been prone to punctures and tyre replacements, clearly this has suited certain BMW dealers at their tyre prices!

I can also thoroughly recommend Event Tyres. I have used them for replacements on previous BMWs and MINIs. Prices very competitive and mobile to home service really excellent. Cost transparent up-front so no rip off extras.

Back