Heated mirror retrofit?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrism88

I have an i3 2017 with heated mirrors and sadly my new 2020 i3s doesn’t have them. What does it take to swap in the capability? Do I just exchange the glass or is there also a need to add wires or code the car?

As far as I was aware, heated mirrors are fitted to all i3's (certainly in Europe - maybe not elsewhere?).

Mine (2021 i3s) has heated mirrors and BMW thinks so little of it that it doesn't even feature in the car's factory options spec. But electrochromic mirrors were an option - later cars only had that feature on the driver's door.

As far as I was aware, heated mirrors are fitted to all i3's (certainly in Europe - maybe not elsewhere?).

Mine (2021 i3s) has heated mirrors and BMW thinks so little of it that it doesn't even feature in the car's factory options spec. But electrochromic mirrors were an option - later cars only had that feature on the driver's door.
Maybe my i3 does have heated mirrors and I just needed to precondition, but it didn’t seem like it. Hmm.

Back