High voltage insulation code 22280F

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Hi,I have problem with my bmw i3 2017. I have received the code shown above and the dashboard says “drivetrain malfunction” I have also checked all the cables if there is any damage or moister including the wire going to the battery. I’ll attach a picture of AC/DC inverter that shows there is a high voltage of 14.8 on the plugs of the battery jump start plug. Please give any advice if it’s a voltage problem and is it normal for that voltage percentage.On the 12 volt battery shows above 14V

Attachments

• IMG_9080.jpeg
    IMG_9080.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I’ll attach a picture of AC/DC inverter that shows there is a high voltage of 14.8 on the plugs of the battery jump start plug. Please give any advice if it’s a voltage problem and is it normal for that voltage percentage.On the 12 volt battery shows above 14V
You're measuring the output voltage of the DC-DC converter rather than that of the 12 V battery. The HV system needs to shut off before you measure the 12 V battery output voltage. If possible, leave the hatch open overnight and measure the voltage the next morning before unlocking or opening the doors which would start the HV system. While the HV system should turn off automatically after no more than 30 minutes after the last event that would turn it on, the battery's output voltage would need to stabilize to its resting voltage to get an accurate measurement. That could take several hours.

Back