Heated seat question

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeafSoundGuy

Okay, one thing I really loved about my now Ex-Buick Enclave was that you could turn on the rear of the seat heater separately from the bottom seat heater. I have some weird nerve damage and after a short time, even on low, the bottom seat heater is too uncomfortable for me. I would however, like to have the back seat heater on phaser-set-to-kill power. Even if it meant fully not having any bottom seat heater, I would like that much better. Does anyone know if it's possible to unplug the bottom seat heater and not the back one? Or is the seat heater set to series connection and that would terminate the current flow?

Weird question I know, "Bare" (B) with me... :oops:

And happy New Year!

Spock Out

How'd ya like to buy my 545 Sport 6-speed? Certain heating elements, after 10 years, have decided to get a little aggressive and my right kidney and buttocks get fried while the rest of the seat is just warm.

In that same car, I missed my heated steering wheel so much when it failed a couple years ago that I had the wheel rim replaced (yes, expensive). Now after complaining/suggesting that BMW install heated steering wheels in the i3 (I'd use it much more than seats considering long coats etc.), I see that a heated steering wheel is on tap for 2015 models. Here is upstate NY that's almost enough to make me consider trading up....

In i3 seat heating is controlled by thermostats and the temperatures can be coded separately for seat bottom and back for all 3 levels. I don't see why couldn't you set the lowest level temperature of your seat bottom so low that it would effectively turn it off (e.g. 45F)?

In i3 seat heating is controlled by thermostats and the temperatures can be coded separately for seat bottom and back for all 3 levels. I don't see why couldn't you set the lowest level temperature of your seat bottom so low that it would effectively turn it off (e.g. 45F)?

How do you do the coding for this?

Back