Help needed to replace led over rear bumper wheel well

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zensamuel

Can anyone provide instructions on how to replace the LED over the rear wheel well? 2018 i3s here. There is a little red light just behind the rear wheel. It’s out. What kind of bulb do I need and how to I access it replacing it?

I have the exact same car with the exact same problem. I haven’t seen any information online on how to replace it. You can buy the part online but how to remove and replace it I do not know.

I think you may need to consult a North American BMW dealer about that. The Owner's Manual is incredibly vague about replacement lamps anyway, and the factory service documents don't seem to cover them.

As far as I can tell the front and rear corner marker lights are unique to the NA market, so none of the service docs for other markets are likely to refer to them, I wouldn't think.

Search youtube for a video on installing a trailer hitch on the i3. It will show the screws and clips needed to remove the whole bumper and get to the light. On my 2019, that light is led. You may have to replace the whole light. Consult realoem.com to find the part number.

Back