Hidden leaseend fees?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leafdriver90

Very close to a deal on a BEV. Wondering if anyone can comment on previous experience with BMW financial and lease end charges. I've leased a Nissan LEAF, Infiniti, and Lexuses without issue and maintain and returned the cars in adequate condition to not be assessed excess wear and tear fees. Seems the tires and tire tread is something BMW goes after people for. Not sure if this is because many of their models have specialized run flat tires. I'm no automotive or tire expert but given the thin low profile Ecopia tires on the i3 should I be concerned here? Worth noting that I am planning to do 24 months/10k miles so I would hope with only upto 20k miles their tires would be suitable to return. Of course the dealership and whatever third party underwrites the wheel/tire plan will try and push me purchase but always declined in my previous leases and never been charged. Appreciate your perspectives.

There is a 400 (395$ approximately) fee for returning the car, but that's the only thing I saw on my lease on top of wear and tear.

Thanks knew about that just wondering anyone with previous experience with BMW financial could comment on their charges. Never been charged excess from other companies but just worry about the tires.

Thanks.

I'm dealing with this soon for my LEAF return and am expecting some dings - tires and bumps etc... but tires you should watch out for. While this is Canadian and I'm not sure of the date, it does get specific on tire wear: http://www.bmwottos.ca/pdf/End_Of_Lease_Brochure_Eng.pdf

With 20k miles, you should be fine all depending on your foot and the roads you travel. As I live rural and I like to hype-mile, my issue is the poor quality of roads 20 miles a day. Hope this helps.
Z

Back