How are folks getting these deals

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bopfletch

So I am in the market for a BEV and I cannot get any deal even close to what people here are claiming. I am routinely being told by dealers the best they can do is $700 over invoice, but sounds like folks here are getting well below invoice. I am looking at a BEV with GIGA. One of the dealer found one with tech pack with MSRP of 47,400. The best they can do is $45,000. These seems way out of line with other folks on here.

I am hearing they are not selling that great here in Cincinnati OH, so I would think dealers would want to dump them, but all I keep hearing is how great they are going to sell after the super bowl ad.

Any thoughts on how to get a better deal?

Do not be afraid to go out of the area for an i3. Even if you have to flat bed it one time to get it home for several hundred dollars, if you can save thousands it is worth it. I do not have a BMW dealer in my location so I got quotes from 45, 85 and 140 miles away. Initially the quotes were from $315 to $347 a month on a 36 month lease. I pick up my i3 Mega on Friday at $284.36 a month for 36 month / 30K miles.

Here are two prices advertised for a Giga in the Chicago area: MSRP $48,400, selling for $40,900. MSRP $44,350, selling for $36,900. Don't know if they have things such as college grad incentives in that price, but this dealer came down over $50 a month from their initial lease quote so they are motivated to sell the seven i3 they have.

If you want the contact info on these dealers send me a PM and I'd be happy to supply.

Deals vary greatly based on geography. When I was shopping for mine (in CO), none of the 4 dealers in Colorado nor the dealer in Santa Fe, NM had much inventory and prices were at least $3K above what people in CA were reporting. Its possible to go out of state, but in my case, out of state would have meant CA to get a better deal, and the shipping costs, title, fees, etc. for bringing in a vehicle from out of state didn't seem to make sense.

As others said expanding the search perimeter should help a lot. When I was shopping for my REX I got the best offer from Perillo in Chicago. I used that to make one of the locals here come down - they couldn't quite match the Perillo offer but I was happy to pay a few bucks more to stay local.

It looks like Sam Swope in Louisville and MAG in Dublin have better offers that the Cinci dealers - taking into account the available chargers on the way back it seems to me that you can actually make it back with a BEV from there (on a good day :))

Good luck and keep us posted. I am also considering getting a BEV on lease as a second car and am interested in deals around here.

RwGqOmUe

$700 over invoice — sure. Above, what Edmunds says.

If the incentives aren't available at your ZIP, find one where it is, and then have the car shipped. With a 2014, you'll still come out ahead.

Call Angela Decint at BMW Silver Spring (MD) or Bryan Cuthbert at BMW Sterling (VA). Actually check all the DC area dealers - some great deals to be had. Definitely worth looking around and paying the transport cost.

electricpanda said:
Call Angela Decint at BMW Silver Spring (MD) or Bryan Cuthbert at BMW Sterling (VA). Actually check all the DC area dealers - some great deals to be had. Definitely worth looking around and paying the transport cost.

I got my base Rex last Friday from Passport BMW (Sales: Sean/Mgr: JC) in MD, after also getting a great offer on a Giga Rex with Tech package from Sterling BMW (Sales: Zu/Mgr: Mo).

$308 cash down, $200 per month. I traded in a leased X5 for $2,000 credit (more than I was able to get on the private market). I opted into the tire/wheel coverage only because the tires are hard to find. That set me back another $950. Financing is the 24 month Owner's Choice with Flex, 12K miles per year.

The key to a great deal is to call around the dealers and then go back and forth on the phone between the two most aggressive. It took me two weeks to work down to the price that I ultimately got.

I think they're eager to get rid of the 2014s now, but then the success of the Super Bowl ad may have pushed demand higher.

i3atl said:
So what was your sales price? Discount off MSRP?

The "nominal" "sales" price was $39,658 on an MSRP of $47,050.
I stress "nominal" because because a lot that happens after that price affects what you pay. After that price, there was $5,500 lease cash incentive from BMW, and there was a trade-in.
I stress "sales" because this is a lease.

I had created a complex spreadsheet to be able to compare across dealers and across models to get the best deal.

NoVAi3Rex said:
i3atl said:

I had created a complex spreadsheet to be able to compare across dealers and across models to get the best deal.
Nova,
I'm getting snowed over by nuances on the lease, and can't help but feel that someone's putting one over me. Could you send me the spreadsheet too? There's a couple of things I don't quite understand.

Wfojas said:
NoVAi3Rex said:
i3atl said:

Nova,
I'm getting snowed over by nuances on the lease, and can't help but feel that someone's putting one over me. Could you send me the spreadsheet too? There's a couple of things I don't quite understand.
Same here

I purchased I3 Rex w/Tech and park assist packages. Additional options DC fast charging and Heated seats. Had to be white!!! Good deal but not great!
MSRP w/destination $50,700...paid $44. $2750 rebate in MD.

Back