How on earth do you set up the phone app UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorbeep

Hi got my car today ! Very good so far. Now I'm charging up the car and would like to set up the phone app so I can monitor the charge... I can't for the life of me understand how you go about setting this up... I like to think I'm pretty good at this sort of thing but just seems so confusing. I assume I need to set up an account and link to the car etc so it sends me the data... if anyone has managed to figure this out can they tell me in simple terms as it's a mystery to me! I'm in the UK if this makes a difference and using android.

cheers
rob

juniorbeep said:
Hi got my car today ! Very good so far. Now I'm charging up the car and would like to set up the phone app so I can monitor the charge... I can't for the life of me understand how you go about setting this up... I like to think I'm pretty good at this sort of thing but just seems so confusing. I assume I need to set up an account and link to the car etc so it sends me the data... if anyone has managed to figure this out can they tell me in simple terms as it's a mystery to me! I'm in the UK if this makes a difference and using android.

cheers
rob

Your dealer should have initiated the necessary process but it can take a few days. If a text doesn't arrive with the password, get onto BMW Connected Drive customer support.

Bill

cheers bill. I actually found the application form

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owners/connecteddrive/customer-applications/newapplication.html

this might help others out... pretty hidden amongst pages of "stuff". Anyway filled it in says they will contact me in a couple of days. Would be useful as I can't see how you can tell the status of charge unless you unlock car and look at the dash... is there a way?

rob

juniorbeep said:
cheers bill. I actually found the application form

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/owners/connecteddrive/customer-applications/newapplication.html

this might help others out... pretty hidden amongst pages of "stuff". Anyway filled it in says they will contact me in a couple of days. Would be useful as I can't see how you can tell the status of charge unless you unlock car and look at the dash... is there a way?

rob

Rob

There is a third way, by using the connected drive I think, but that needs the same set up process as you're going through to get the app working, so....

Bill

ah i see ok bill. I will persevere with it then... hopefully by midweek i might have the app set up... be a bit easier

For anyone still looking for the link, it's https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk/

You can register your car on that - although it's still rejecting security numbers for some reason.

The process has changed recently. Set up your account on the iphone then in order to verify the account a code comes up on the i3 which you then put into the iphone - doesn't necessarily do it immediately, could be a few minutes or longer . After a short while (about 15 mins but could be longer) the account is established.

Back