I drive 25,000 miles per year- I guess a lease is a no-go?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propman

Because of my 90 mile round trip commute that I usually have to make 6 days a week I have consistently averaged 22-25 thousand miles per year for the last 20 years. For this reason I have never leased a vehicle.

I have no problem installing charging stations both at home and at work so the typical range of an EV is fine. I test drove all of them and the i3 was the best of the lot for my needs.

I just hate buying a car that might well be obsolete in 3 years with the way EVs are advancing. But with the amount of miles I drive I'm worried that a lease wouldn't be practical.

I have come here looking for any and all advice.

Thank you!!

or just pay the extra miles when return the car, you are right about the EVs ....probably better range and more functions and even cheaper.....supply and demand.

If you do 25,000 miles a year then in four years time you should be replacing it anyway, lease or not.

In terms of 'obsolete' the promised doubling of battery capacity (250wHrs/kg) is expected in 2019/2020 perfectly matching your need for a replacement car once yours reaches 100,000miles.

Back