i3 Recall

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my official recall letter in the mail yesterday. I'm in no rush to get it done, but will contact the dealership and schedule it soon, just to get it out of the way. I did just code a few things on the car, but it only took a few minutes, so aren't worried about dealing with that again. I lived with it 'uncoded' for years. Only turned off some warnings and enabled the AM radio (works okay, not great).

I just have my recall done. Also get the latest software update. Dont know what change but technician say i will get better mileage

I find it very disconcerting that BMW want to install new software without being able to tell us what is being changed!

MikeS said:
I find it very disconcerting that BMW want to install new software without being able to tell us what is being changed!
According to my service manager, at the beginning, they got a summary of the things tweaked in various software updates, but that has not been the case for the last couple of years. So, you cannot blame the dealership's service department. You can, OTOH, blame corporate.

When you talk to the dealership about an issue, they can look up to see if that issue has been addressed via a software patch, but it does not cross-reference to other things that may have been tweaked at the same time.

You need to complain to corporate.

jadnashuanh said:
I got my official recall letter in the mail yesterday. I'm in no rush to get it done, but will contact the dealership and schedule it soon, just to get it out of the way.
We, too, received the recall letter on Friday. With no small adult drivers who don't wear a seatbelt, I plan to delay having this recall software update installed until our next scheduled maintenance service in November, 2018. The software version available at that time might include other improvements.

Back